Providing the perfect opportunity to find out about all aspects of stitching and crafting including sewing, card making, knitting, patchwork, quilting, scrap-booking, ribbon craft, paper craft, stamping, sugar craft, beading, and many more popular stitch and creative crafts, the show runs on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, April 10-12, from 10am to 7pm.
Highlights of the show include:
· The North of Ireland Family History Society stand will be promoting a community project to commemorate in fabric and thread those who served with the Commonwealth forces during the First World War 1914-1918 and did not return home. The aim is to produce a quilt made up of squares embroidered with the names of contributors’ ancestors or those in their local community who gave their lives. Profits go to Help for Heroes and Quilts for Injured Servicemen.
· We are excited to announce that Debbi Moore, as seen on Create & Craft TV, will be demonstrating a fantastic range of rubber stamps and craft materials for Cardmaking and Scrapbooking.
· The Mountains of Mourne is a stunning crochet display by designer Unagh McCullough. She will also be giving crochet demonstrations.
· Amanda Paul from Krafty Kuts will be offering free workshops in stamping techniques and all things inky!
· There will be Sugarcraft workshops with an Easter theme and free demonstrations are being offered by Cakes By Suzanne
· Free Papercraft Workshops - make fancy boxes with Charmain Barrett on the Payper Box stand
· Make your own Dorset buttons with the Ulster Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers.
· The Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild will show you how to make an owl pincushion or scissor keep.
As always there will be Make & Takes hosted by experts in a whole range of crafts. Most Make & Takes will allow you to complete an item in just one hour or if longer is needed there’ll be full instructions given for you to complete at home.
Advance admission prices for adults are £6.50 (normal price £8), concessions £5.50 (normal price £7) and accompanied children under 16 are free of charge. Book in advance using discount offer code PR1 to save £1.50 and to get a catering voucher. For more information, visit www.sccshows.co.uk or call the Ticket Hotline 01822 617744.