Earlier residents were told there was a ‘major gas pipe burst’ in Meadowbrook with Firmus warning not to use electricity or naked flames and to ventilate homes.
Meadowbrook residents said a number of homes were evacuated while the emergency was ongoing.
The NI Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene.
One firefighter said the problem had been ‘isolated’ and the NI Fire and Rescue Service returned to base.
A spokesperson for the NIFRS said they received a call to Meadowbrook, Craigavon at 11.59am on Friday January 14.
Two Fire Appliances from Lurgan Fire Station attended the incident.
A spokesperson said: “Firefighters were called to reports of a gas leak in the Meadownbrook area of Lurgan this morning.
“Firefighters brought local residents to safety and handed the incident to a gas engineer. The incident was dealt with by 12.43pm.”
A spokesperson from firmus energy confirmed: “A third party contractor has damaged a gas pipeline while carrying out works in the Meadowbrook area in Craigavon. A small number of properties have been affected and have had their gas supply interrupted.
“First response gas Engineers are on site and have isolated the damage. Repairs have commenced and our engineers will remain on site until the gas supply is reinstated.
“As the damage has been isolated, the initial safety advice given no longer applies so there is currently no requirement for homeowners not to use electricity, naked flames or to open windows.”
Read this: Witness appeal after vehicle set on fire in Lurgan