In a bid to reduce the number of burglaries and thefts in the area over the festive period, local PSNI officers have issued the following Christmas crime prevention tips:
• Don’t tempt thieves by leaving presents on display in your home or car.
• Be cautious about storing expensive gifts in your home.
• Don’t keep large amounts of cash in your home to buy presents.
• Make sure your home is secure and keep doors and windows locked.
• Mark valuable items with your postcode and house number, don’t forget to take photographs too.
For more information contact your local PSNI station on 101.