Derby defeat for Peacock under 12's

MAIDEN City were visitors to UUC on Saturday, and Bertie Peacocks under 12's hoped to put in a top performance against their derby rivals.

The first half was a very even affair, with both teams battling hard for the upper hand.

The Coleraine side took the lead after some good play, Luke Kennedy was the man on target as he ensured his side were on top at the break.

The message from the changing rooms at half time instructed the boys to go out and do the same in the second half, but within six minutes of the re-start Bertie’s found themselves 3-1 down.

The Coleraine side did try and get back into the encounter as Jacob Butcher and Joe Ferguson were introduced. The youngsters pressed hard but they failed to add to their tally.

Berties will meet Warrenpoint at Mallusk this Saturday.

Players wanted

The under 12’s are searchinig for new players for their National League squad. Boys born on or after 1st January 1999 who are interested should come along to training at UUC on Wednesday night. The under 12’s train from 6 to 7.30. Boots and shin pads are essential. For more details visit the website

Six of the best for Under 14’s

After last week’s defeat at the hands of SOPYC, the under 14’s were keen to get back on track.

Barton opened the scoring, after some good play by Edgar and Campbell.

One goal soon became two, as Carton found Campbell, he passed to Law who found Mitchell on the edge of the box. Mitchell hit home to double the lead.

The second half was similar to the first with Bertie’s looking to build on their lead.

Law got his name on the scoresheet for the third goal, after good play by Baron and Kane

McCauley pulled one back for Larne, but any hope of getting back into the game was short lived, when the lively Mitchell chased a long ball into the corner winning a free kick.

From this Edgar curled the ball passed the keeper to make the score 4-1.

Goal number five came when Law beat the full back to curl the ball into the top corner. Carton grabbed the final goal of the tie when he hit home despite pressure from two Larne defenders to make it 6-1.

The under 14’s travel to Mullusk this Saturday when they take on Warrenpoint.

Derby draw for under 15’s

The under 15’s met Limavady on Saturday, in what promised to a thrilling derby clash.

However it proved to be a bit disappointing for the Coleraine side, as they had enough chances to win the tie.

The teams showed great passion and commitment battling hard all over the field.

Full backs William Wright and Darren Neill had their hands full with two tricky Limavady wingers, but the lads stood firm putting in excellent performances.

Ross McDowell was hitting everything that moved in the middle of the field, backed up by Turlough Connor, Nicky Kerr and Matthew Maguire with Ryan Millar and Robert Donnell working Limavady centre backs hard.

Good chances from Nicky Kerr and Matthew Maguire were saved by the Limavady keeper. Again Bertie’s had a penalty claim turned down by the referee.

In the final 20 minutes of the tie Maguire hit the woodwork as his side had to settle for a point.

Man of the Match: William Wright.

This Saturday the boys meet Linfield at UUC, the game has an 11am kick off.

First defeat for under 10’s

The under 10’s tasted defeat for the first time this season, when they took on Willowbank.

It was a case of not taking their chances as they were defeated 2-1.

Eoin Crawford scored to put Berties 1-0 up at the break.

In the second half Willowbank grabbed two goals, as the Wee Ants continued to waste chance after chance.

This week the boys meet Newington Youths.

Blue day for Under 16’s

Linfield were the opponents for the Bertie Peacock Under 16’s.

The game at Suffolk was one that the Coleraine side will want to forget as Linfield ran out winners.

In the first ten minutes, Bertie’s boys match the Belfast outfit man for man.

Linfield nicked a goal from a free kick to take the lead.

Goal number two came soon after as the Bertie’s defence failed to deal with the strong Linfield attacks.

The match was over five minutes later when Linfield’s left winger ghosted in to score a third .

At the other end, Dean Vauls should have pulled a goal back but his effort was saved by the keeper.

Linfield added a fourth just before the break, as the Coleraine side found it difficult to thwart the strong attacks.

The second half was a similar affair with the Coleraine side finding it hard to keep up with the impressive Linfield.

Connor McGookin thought he had made a breakthrough, only for the referee to rule his goal off side - this summed up the day for the ‘wee ants’, as Linfield continued their scoring spree to run out winners.