Colts in gr-eight form in Ballymoney

CAUSEWAY Colts travelled to Megaw Park Ballymoney on Saturday afternoon and kicked off in perfect conditions.

The Colts were straight onto the attack and could have opened the scoring in the second minute when Joe McClements flicked on only for Brandon Warke’s fine drive to be superbly saved by the Ballymoney keeper. The early pressure was kept up and they deservedly scored when Brandon Warke flicked on a corner to left back Josh McConnell to volley home.

The Ballymoney keeper again made a great stop from Joe McClements on six minutes he took the resulting corner and Johnny Mairs netted to make it 0-2. Rhys Ewings had the ball in the net again but the goal was ruled out for offside. Rhys won a corner on 15 minutes after pressuring the Ballymoney defence, Jack Shaw picked out Brandon Warke whose fine header made it 0-3 on fifteen minutes.

The Colts were well on top and made it 0-4 when Rhys Ewings produced a great finish in the bottom left corner after a good ball from Brandon Warke.

The Colts were in control with keeper Adam Hopkins virtually untested in the opening half but they gave Ballymoney a way back into the game when they conceded two goals in two minutes both from corners to make it 2-4. They responded in fantastic fashion from the restart when Keelin Gaile on the left wing found Jack Shaw who made it 2-5 with an unstoppable strike.

Stephen Hanna almost scored after Brandon Warke’s shot was charged down but his spectacular overhead kick was just wide. The next goal came after good pressing from Harry Simpson put Ballymoney under pressure, Johnny Mairs rolled the ball to Keelin Gaile who fired home to make it 2-6.

The Colts were back in full control and extended the lead when Ewan McFall played a great ball over the top for Adam Black he picked the ball up on the right and drove towards the Ballymoney goal. Just as he entered the box he unleashed a fabulous strike high into the roof of the net to make it 2-7.

Dan Mairs who had put in a great display at centre back found Joe McClements on the right and forced a corner, Joe delivered the set piece which was cleared back out to him the second ball was superb and hit the bar as the ball came out to the edge of the box Kian Arthur rounded off a great display with a thumping drive to make it 2-8.

A great team performance with eight goals from 8 different scorers.