O’Gorman Cup cruise for Dunloy

DUNLOY had little difficulty in securing a second round place in the Ballymena & Provincial Intermediate League’s O’Gorman CUp on Saturday.

The north Antrim men travelled to Cullybackey where they had too much know-how for CLough Rangers Athletic, winning by four goals to nil.


Sign up to our daily NorthernIrelandWorld Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Matches involving north Antrim-based sides this Saturday, September 22 are:

Junior Division One: Larne Olympic v Ballymoney Utd Res @ Inver Park. Larne; 3rd Ballyclare Old Boys v Glebe Rangers Res @ Foundry Lane. Ballyclare.

Crawford Cup 2nd Round: Dunloy v Rathcoole FC @ McCamphill Park. Tullaghan Road. Dunloy


Clough Rangers Athletic 0, Dunloy 4: A decision on the 35th minute had a bearing on the result of this game when Dunloy were awarded a penalty and Clough had a player sent off. Both teams had a chance to score before a collision in the Clough penalty box left Benny McGarry with a clear shot to score from close range on the 20 minute. The penalty decision was then given and a sending off for a Clough player which was hotly disputed by Clough resulting in Benny McGarry scoring his second goal this time from the penalty spot. In the second half Clough had to chase the game with Dunloy making good use of the extra man and going on to score two more goals on the 66th and 75th minutes through Canal Higgins and Benny McGarry who completed his hat-trick. Referee Mr. Paul Douglas


Ballymoney United Reserves 3, Antrim Rovers 1: Ballymoney took the lead after Gary Keys scored on the 15th minute and then doubled this when Conor O’Boyle scored on the 25th minute to lead two nil at half-time.

Antrim got back into the game after Jonny Rogers converted a penalty on the 46th minute and then took the game to Ballymoney and were unlucky not to get the equaliser.

Ballymoney then got a crucial goal on the 80th minute when Steven Shields scored to seal the win.

Glebe Rangers Reserves 4, Larne Olympic 2: Both teams started off well then on the 30th minute Glebe took the lead after Gary Nicholl scored and as half-time approached Chris Campbell scored a second goal for Glebe on the 42nd minute.

Larne got back into the game with a goal scored on the 61st minute and had a couple of good chances to score after this.

Time was running down when Gareth Henry scored for Glebe on the 82nd minute and Larne got a second goal on the 84th minute. Gareth Henry then completed the scoring on the day with his second goal on the 88th minute.

Other results: Magherafelt Sky Blues Reserves 2, Mallusk Athletic 0; Tobermore United Reserves 2, Desertmartin Swifts 0.